In which we suggest who should star in the next big adaptation, remake, or historical film.
The story of three private investigators working for an anonymous man named Charlie, Charlie’s Angels began as television drama on ABC in the 1970s. The show ran for five seasons, and, in 2000, was turned into a movie starring Cameron Diaz, Drew Barrymore, and Lucy Liu. The film soon became a cult sensation of the early 2000s, and a sequel was released in 2003.
This week, Sony confirmed that the studio will reboot the Charlie’s Angels franchise once more with Elizabeth Banks set to direct. In addition to her acting work, Banks made her directorial debut last year with Pitch Perfect 2, and recently launched her own comedy website, WhoHaha.com, dedicated to finding funny women from all around the world. There is no set cast for the film yet, so we decided to pick our favorite comediennes to reprise the roles from the last films we forgot we loved.
Casting Call runs on Fridays. For more, click here.
- Ask a Sane Person: Jia Tolentino on Practicing the Discipline of Hope
- Phoebe Bridgers and Brandon Flowers on Transformation and Talking Shit
- Talk Hole: The Karen Kolumn
- Donna Missal and Shania Twain on Creative Freedom and Owning Their Sexuality
- Thirstory: That Time Madonna Was Almost Arrested for Simulating Masturbation