In which we suggest who should star in the next big adaptation, remake, or historical film.
Last year, Lionsgate Films made the announcement that Noble Jones will be directing an adaptation of the 1991 Bret Easton Ellis Novel and 2000 Mary Harron film, American Psycho.
Set in 1980s Manhattan, Harron’s version of the psychological thriller stars Christian Bale as an investment banker on Wall Street, Patrick Bateman, whose mental volatility and lust for blood leads him to serial killing (“murders and executions”). Surrounded by a circle of wealthy and shallow acquaintances, Bateman lives a life filled with Oliver Peoples horn-rimmed glasses, the latest Huey Lewis and the News tapes, and blonde women such as his fiancé, Evelyn, played by Reese Witherspoon, secretary Jean (Chloe Sevigny), lover Courtney Rawlinson (Samantha Mathis), and several hapless prostitutes.
Unlike Harron’s brilliant rendition, this remake will be set in present-day Manhattan with a new mix of actors. A new filmmaker with just one credit as a second unit director on The Social Network, we’re curious as to what Noble Jones will bring to the remake. It’s a tricky task; who could possibly live up to Bale’s Bateman? Always keen to support rising talent, we put together a slideshow of actors we think could do justice to Jones’ remake.
For more Casting Calls, click here.
- “I Was Born for This Time”: Angelica Ross Is Black, Trans, and Fearless
- Adult Film Star Sean Ford Wants to Make Intimacy Sexy Again
- Glam is the Chinese restaurant rager where Timothée Chalamet and Cardi B hang out
- Jessie Ware Tells Róisín Murphy About Her New Album: “I Want People to Want to Have Sex”
- “Everything Changed the Day The Chicks Interviewed Haim”