In which we suggest who should star in the next big adaptation, remake, or historical film.
Jennifer Egan’s Pulitzer prize-winning novel, A Visit From the Goon Squad, is being adapted for an HBO show. This seems like a daunting task; while there are certainly enough characters in Goon Squad to fill a television show, part of the beauty of the book is the way in which Egan conveys the full life histories of her characters so succinctly. Everything is encapsulated in the chapter-stories of Goon Squad… we could envision a miniseries, a chapter an episode, but what are they going to do when they run out of chapters? How will they translate the PowerPoint format of the “Great Rock and Roll Pauses” chapter? We suppose that strange-novel-to-television translations are nothing new; apparently American Psycho was envisioned as an NBC show before it became a movie. Can you imagine? We are grateful that HBO is behind the show and not some other network, and if Egan’s book must be adapted, we’d like to have a say in the casting. Click through our slideshow to see our friendly suggestions for which actors should play which roles…
For more Casting Calls click here.
- Like Everyone Else, Mackenzie Davis and Charlize Theron Discuss Happiest Season
- Adam Sandler Interviews Aubrey Plaza About Her Mind-Blowing New Role
- Kaley Cuoco and David Spade on Flight Attendants, Bad Reviews, and Fake Feuds
- Machine Gun Kelly Tells Dave Franco About the Year That Saved His Life
- Nick Kroll and Seth Rogen Trade Summer Camp Horror Stories