In which we suggest who should star in the next big adaptation, remake, or historical film.
For this week’s Casting Call, we have decided to tackle 33 Dias, Spanish director Carlos Saura’s upcoming Picasso biopic. Thankfully, the film is not a cradle-to-grave story, but will instead focus on Picasso’s Spanish civil war mural, Guernica (1937), which took Picasso only 33 days (!) to paint. The project is still in its early stages; however, Antonio Banderas is already set to star as Pablo P. While Saura plans to make his film in Spanish and French, we have cast a few English-speaking actors with the hope that we can change Saura’s mind…
For more Casting Calls click here.
- Machine Gun Kelly Tells Dave Franco About the Year That Saved His Life
- Red Velvet Takes Diplo Inside the Life of a K-Pop Supergroup
- Clea DuVall and Natasha Lyonne Discuss the Subtle Rebellion of Happiest Season
- “No Regrets”: Glenn Close and Whoopi Goldberg Discuss Their Singular Careers
- Sway House Demands Your Attention, for Better or Worse