Purple Mountains Majesty: Y-3’s Hyper-Color Fall Campaign
Published July 8, 2011
The central tenet underlying Y-3’s fall/winter 2011 collection might seem like an oxymoron—”Traveling means coming back home,” an observation straight from Yohji Yamamoto himself—but Yamamoto, no stranger to contradiction, knows what he’s doing. Y-3 has just made images available from its fall campaign, and they’re striking indeed: the brand asked artist Collier Schorr to photograph the collection on models Robin Ahrens and Kristina Salinovic, then overlaid the images on sublime hyper-color landscape photography by David Benjamin Sherry. The overall effect is a transitory, deliciously mysterious one: Ahrens and Salinovic seem to be recalling experiences that we can’t quite grasp.
Schorr also created the mood video for the collection, which you can view below. We know Y-3 is technically an activewear collection, but we must say: all these cozy knits are making us look forward to spiked-cider season.
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- “Well, This Is Awkward”: Christine and the Queens and Troye Sivan Make Post-Pandemic Plans
- Gunna and Young Thug Share Rules to Live By: Smoke After Sex, Keep Your Kitchen Lit
- Marc Jacobs Thinks Men Should Wear Makeup
- Lisa Rinna Welcomes Denise Richards to ‘Real Housewives’ With Her Best Tips for Surviving a Season