“Do I have to introduce myself?” asked Council of Fashion Designers of America (CFDA) president Diane von Furstenberg when she took the podium to address the audience at the eighth Annual CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Awards, held at Skylight Soho in New York City last night.
Of course we know and love von Furstenberg, and it’s the hope of the Fund that we’ll grow to adore the honorees just as much. And after much anticipation from the audience—full of too many fashion luminaries to list. They were accounted for: “Chic, chic, chic all around,” according to Lauren Santo Domingo. Calvin Klein and The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo star Rooney Mara finally announced this year’s runners-up and winner.
Pamela Love and Creatures of the Wind (Shane Gabier and Chris Peters) were given bronze eggs designed by sculptor Rachel Feinstein as runner-up awards, while Joseph Altuzarra took home the title of winner and a bronze swan, also designed by Feinstein. No ugly ducklings here!
“I’m so grateful and humbled,” Altuzarra said afterwards. We wish him and the rest of honorees the best of luck!
- “I Was Born for This Time”: Angelica Ross Is Black, Trans, and Fearless
- Adult Film Star Sean Ford Wants to Make Intimacy Sexy Again
- Jessie Ware Tells Róisín Murphy About Her New Album: “I Want People to Want to Have Sex”
- Brandon Thomas and Dylan Jagger Lee Talk Sex, Drugs, and Julian Assange
- “Everything Changed the Day The Chicks Interviewed Haim”