She is a bombshell, and she has, quite simply, the best walk: confident and proud,” says designer Vivienne Westwood of her current muse, Daisy Lowe. “She looks super sexy all the time, and she is one of those lucky girls who never needs to be anything but herself.” It seemed as though the 19-year-old Lowe was destined to be an original from day one: She was famously conceived during a one-night stand between British indie musician Pearl Lowe and future rock god Gavin Rossdale. But the younger Lowe got into modeling without the help of her bloodline—at 14, she was noticed by a scout in a London shop. In virtually no time, Lowe’s voluptuous body had her walking the runway for luxury labels like Burberry, Chanel, and, of course, Westwood. Today Lowe splits her time between her apartment in New York City’s East Village, her mother’s cottage in the sleepy English countryside, and her grandmother’s place in London. While her recent love life (she’s been tied to Mark Ronson, Will Cameron, and Josh Hartnett) and social calendar have kept her very busy, Lowe still has her eye on work. “I’m back in Agent Provocateur for the second time,” she says, “and I’m doing Converse and Karen Millen.” Any ambitions to make her name in the music world? “I’ll stick to Guitar Hero for now,” she says.
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- “The Spectacle Can Never Be Trauma”: Nia DaCosta and Taika Waititi on Exorcism Through Art
- A no-nonsense conversation between Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Kerry Washington
- “It’s Going to Be Mad”: Anya Taylor-Joy Gets Back to Work
- “Cock!”: Nicolas Cage and Marilyn Manson in Conversation