2011’s Top Five Color Trends
Published January 11, 2011
A lot goes into forecasting beauty trends for a new decade. Some of the inspiration can trace its roots to fashion—but we can learn just as much from television and pop culture. Above, celebrity makeup artist Andrew Sotomayor—who’s worked with actresses like Kerry Washington and Juliette Binoche and fashion houses like Dior and Marchesa—places his bets for the five most influential trends in 2011.
SARAH HOWARD IS THE EDITOR OF BEAUTY BANTER.
- This Was Not the Publication Year Brandon Taylor Expected
- Tracee Ellis Ross and Tyler, the Creator on Falling and Getting Back Up
- Ask a Sane Person: Daniel Mendelsohn on “The New 1930s” and Schitt’s Creek
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- Ask a Sane Person: Salman Rushdie Wants America to Take Out the Trash in November