SPECIAL THANKS: THE IMPOSSIBLE PROJECT.
It’s New York Fashion Week and Interview‘s seasoned gang of photographers are backstage and front row at our favorite shows. Check in daily and follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram for the latest updates.
This season, Tommy Hilfiger showed his collection on a football field constructed in the Park Avenue Armory. Models—including Anna Ewers, Aya Jones, and Tilda Lindstam—each got their own personalized football helmets and jumbotron announcements. Hilfiger’s clothing is always rooted in classic American sportswear, and this season was no different: varsity sweaters, letterman jackets, collegiate striped scarves, and pleated skirts in a palette of maroon, navy, tan, and orange were paired with Mary Janes and lace-up booties. There was plaid, of course, on belted dresses, matching skirt sets, and trousers, and the football motif was echoed by the occasional embroidered football helmet on coats and scarves. All in all, it felt like an illustration for a college homecoming game in The Preppy Guide to Life—which is exactly what you want from Hilfiger.
For more from NYFW Fall/Winter 2015, click here.
- “It’s Embarrassing. We Know.”: How Cazzie David and Lorde Forged a Friendship on the Internet
- Comedian Eric Andre Tells Us Why We Need to “Pop the Zit” of Police Brutality
- Sway House Demands Your Attention, for Better or Worse
- How Anna Nicole Smith Ended Up Marrying an 89-year-old
- Miles Aldridge Shares the Memories Behind Some of His Iconic Photos