Published August 18, 2009
A possible cover for the new issue of POP Magazine, now helmed by oligarch-ess and collector Dasha Zhkuova (whose conversation with Derek Blasberg was featured in last month’s Interview), features Tavi Williams, of the Style Rookie fame. The (just-turned) teenager spoke with Fabiola Beracasa this past spring about their shared love of vintage, her already-wrecked Rodarte leggings, creative writing class, dress codes, and the internet, among other things. Whether the POP image (above) is a bona fide cover is unclear–a teaser for the new LOVE featuring Tavi was recently mistaken for a cover, though she did make the interior of the magazine. Either way, it’s a pretty big coup for a 13-year-old from suburban Chicago (and yes, her parents are civilians). The art is by Damien Hirst, who’s apparently the go-to for art-friendly magazines, having recenreinterpreted a photo of Kate Moss for the latest issue of Tar.
- Sway House Demands Your Attention, for Better or Worse
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- “Cock!”: Nicolas Cage and Marilyn Manson in Conversation
- Chelsea Handler and Martha Stewart on the Hilarious Journey of Becoming a Better Person
- A Conversation Between Senator Anne Ranch and Demi Lovato (and Danny DeVito)