Published August 18, 2009
A possible cover for the new issue of POP Magazine, now helmed by oligarch-ess and collector Dasha Zhkuova (whose conversation with Derek Blasberg was featured in last month’s Interview), features Tavi Williams, of the Style Rookie fame. The (just-turned) teenager spoke with Fabiola Beracasa this past spring about their shared love of vintage, her already-wrecked Rodarte leggings, creative writing class, dress codes, and the internet, among other things. Whether the POP image (above) is a bona fide cover is unclear–a teaser for the new LOVE featuring Tavi was recently mistaken for a cover, though she did make the interior of the magazine. Either way, it’s a pretty big coup for a 13-year-old from suburban Chicago (and yes, her parents are civilians). The art is by Damien Hirst, who’s apparently the go-to for art-friendly magazines, having recenreinterpreted a photo of Kate Moss for the latest issue of Tar.
- Gugu Mbatha-Raw and Mackenzie Davis Reunite for This New Episode of Black Mirror We’re All In
- Thirstory: Lil’ Kim’s Louis Vuitton-Stamped Legacy
- Ask a Sane Person: Jia Tolentino on Practicing the Discipline of Hope
- How Anna Nicole Smith Ended Up Marrying an 89-year-old
- Natalia Dyer Wants More “Horny Girls” Onscreen