The opening group of colorful plaid knit dresses and separates at Stella McCartney’s Spring/Summer 2016 show were sporty and fun without being twee. A second group of floating, accordion pleated frocks—all striped and iridescent—called to mind 1980s-era loungewear without being costume-y or frumpy.
Joan Miró and Alexander Calder-esque shapes, meanwhile, showed up on perforated sundresses, or embroidered in thin silk ribbon along the fronts of slinky tulle slip dresses. McCartney shared, “I wanted to explore the relationship between artist and muse…but I wanted the women to have a voice.”
This being Stella McCartney, the sexy factor wasn’t limited to dresses. Her particular brand of sexy occasionally includes body-con dresses, but more often than not means slouchy suits for the ultra-cool Tribeca mom who’s recently taken on a consulting project and needs something a bit more “dressy,” but not overdone. Standouts included the borrowed-from-the-boys double-breasted jackets and elongated waistcoats.
For more from Paris Fashion Week SS 2016, click here.
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- This Was Not the Publication Year Brandon Taylor Expected
- Tracee Ellis Ross and Tyler, the Creator on Falling and Getting Back Up
- Ask a Sane Person: Salman Rushdie Wants America to Take Out the Trash in November
- Adult Film Star Sean Ford Wants to Make Intimacy Sexy Again