Spring Beauty Fling: Bold Lips for a Swell Season
Published March 7, 2011
The sun is shining, the snow has melted—we’d say spring is in the air. And nothing screams spring like a bright, bold lip. You saw it on the 2011 spring runway, if you can remember back that far—from Milly to Diane Von Furstenberg—color took over the models’ pouts, and is soon to take over ours.
We’ve taken the guesswork out of the color that works for you: we asked celebrity makeup artist Tina Turnbow to give us the lowdown on how to wear spring’s bold lip. From true red to hot orange, with skin tone and hair color taken into account—consider it your guide. Take a look at the slideshow above for a map of spring color play.
SARAH HOWARD IS THE EDITOR OF BEAUTY BANTER.
- Comedian Eric Andre Tells Us Why We Need to “Pop the Zit” of Police Brutality
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- Tracee Ellis Ross and Tyler, the Creator on Falling and Getting Back Up
- Adult Film Star Sean Ford Wants to Make Intimacy Sexy Again
- Ask a Sane Person: Salman Rushdie Wants America to Take Out the Trash in November