Space Race: Christopher Kane’s Spring 2011 Menswear
Published November 23, 2010
“I became obsessed with the explosions and landscapes from space pictures,” London-based designer Christopher Kane explains of his Spring/Summer 2011 men’s collection. “I loved the colors and unbelievable detail. I printed them onto simple shapes like loose-fit t-shirts, cashmere and silk mix knit sweaters, and cardigans. Tailoring came in the shape of soft black leather suit jackets with zip detail and sporty leather shorts.”
“I also experimented with the hoodie and patched leather arms,” Kane continues, “with multi-star prints for a sporty, otherworldy look.” Check out some of these stellar looks in our exclusive slideshow, above.
Photographer: Alex Sainsbury
Assistant: Jordan Grant
Digital operating: David Beech at Studio Private
Stylist: John McCarty
Assistants: Tony Cook and Phemie Cavacas
Grooming: Halley Brisker at David Coffin Management, using Chanel SS11 and Bumble and bumble
Thanks to Provision Studios.
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- “Well, This Is Awkward”: Christine and the Queens and Troye Sivan Make Post-Pandemic Plans
- Helmut Newton’s Escape Room
- Gunna and Young Thug Share Rules to Live By: Smoke After Sex, Keep Your Kitchen Lit
- Uncut Gems’s “Handsome Older Man” Wayne Diamond Establishes a New Legacy