Space Race: Christopher Kane’s Spring 2011 Menswear
Published November 23, 2010
“I became obsessed with the explosions and landscapes from space pictures,” London-based designer Christopher Kane explains of his Spring/Summer 2011 men’s collection. “I loved the colors and unbelievable detail. I printed them onto simple shapes like loose-fit t-shirts, cashmere and silk mix knit sweaters, and cardigans. Tailoring came in the shape of soft black leather suit jackets with zip detail and sporty leather shorts.”
“I also experimented with the hoodie and patched leather arms,” Kane continues, “with multi-star prints for a sporty, otherworldy look.” Check out some of these stellar looks in our exclusive slideshow, above.
Photographer: Alex Sainsbury
Assistant: Jordan Grant
Digital operating: David Beech at Studio Private
Stylist: John McCarty
Assistants: Tony Cook and Phemie Cavacas
Grooming: Halley Brisker at David Coffin Management, using Chanel SS11 and Bumble and bumble
Thanks to Provision Studios.
- Nathan Fielder and Louis Theroux Teach a Masterclass on the Art of Awkward
- Anna Khachiyan Shares Her Gut Reactions On Everything From Toxic Masculinity to ‘Vanderpump Rules’
- Rick Owens and Miley Cyrus on Rock Stars, Recklessness, and Life on the Road
- “I’m a WASP with a WAP”: Chloe Fineman on Chloe Fineman
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress