From Runway to Reality: Summer’s Top Five
Published June 17, 2011
It’s one thing to see a trend strutting down the runway. It’s entirely another thing to wear that trend in the everyday world. Especially when it comes to makeup, what we see on the runway tends to be somewhat more artistic and fantastical then what we would ever actually be seen wearing on, say, Sixth Avenue. But as the adage goes, where there’s a will, there’s a way. We’ve called upon mark Celebrity Makeup Artist Mai Quynh, who has worked with young Hollywood starlets including Isla Fisher and Ginnifer Goodwin, to help interpret the top five summer runway trends and turn them into everyday, wearable looks. Click through the slideshow, above, for Quynh’s suggestions.
- “Cock!”: Nicolas Cage and Marilyn Manson in Conversation
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- Nathan Fielder and Louis Theroux Teach a Masterclass on the Art of Awkward
- Mel Ottenberg and Jeremy O. Harris in Paris: An Honest Conversation About the World’s Most Polarizing TV Show
- Rick Owens and Miley Cyrus on Rock Stars, Recklessness, and Life on the Road