From Runway to Reality: Summer’s Top Five
Published June 17, 2011
It’s one thing to see a trend strutting down the runway. It’s entirely another thing to wear that trend in the everyday world. Especially when it comes to makeup, what we see on the runway tends to be somewhat more artistic and fantastical then what we would ever actually be seen wearing on, say, Sixth Avenue. But as the adage goes, where there’s a will, there’s a way. We’ve called upon mark Celebrity Makeup Artist Mai Quynh, who has worked with young Hollywood starlets including Isla Fisher and Ginnifer Goodwin, to help interpret the top five summer runway trends and turn them into everyday, wearable looks. Click through the slideshow, above, for Quynh’s suggestions.
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- This Was Not the Publication Year Brandon Taylor Expected
- Tracee Ellis Ross and Tyler, the Creator on Falling and Getting Back Up
- Ask a Sane Person: Salman Rushdie Wants America to Take Out the Trash in November
- Adult Film Star Sean Ford Wants to Make Intimacy Sexy Again