Pre-Fall Trend: Belted Skirt Suits
Published January 13, 2010
Skirt suits this year lean more towards Schiaparelli than Dior, but wartime austerity has been redefined by a certain romantic insouciance. And they’re belted, always belted. Fabrics are drapey instead of stiff. Colors are of a faded, Victorian diary variety, like rose or blue. Skirts are utterly unpredictable. And with the waist is the visual focal point of the suit, which gives even the most alarming textual excesses a certain restrained sexiness.
SEE ALL OF INTERVIEW’S PRE-FALL 2010 TRENDS.
- A Truly Bonkers Conversation Between Lisa Kudrow and Lily Tomlin
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- Mark Ruffalo and Philip Ettinger on Playing Four Versions of the Same Two Characters in I Know This Much Is True
- “Well, This Is Awkward”: Christine and the Queens and Troye Sivan Make Post-Pandemic Plans
- Uncut Gems’s “Handsome Older Man” Wayne Diamond Establishes a New Legacy