PHOTOS: HAO ZENG.
Prabal Gurung’s ethereal Spring/Summer ’16 collection was immediately accessible. It featured warm tones in a palette of gold, bronze, and red, nonchalant asymmetrical hemlines, and brushstrokes of vivid color tossed across fabrics. Models’ hair flowed loosely, as subtle nods to the early 20th century carried through the collection, evident in tassled hems of flapper-esque gowns and blocky silhouettes of a few tea-length dresses. Occasional daring moments pierced through the period-appropriate conservatism—a plunging neckline here, a sheer bodice there, or perhaps a brief flash of midriff.
- A Truly Bonkers Conversation Between Lisa Kudrow and Lily Tomlin
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- Mark Ruffalo and Philip Ettinger on Playing Four Versions of the Same Two Characters in I Know This Much Is True
- “Well, This Is Awkward”: Christine and the Queens and Troye Sivan Make Post-Pandemic Plans
- Uncut Gems’s “Handsome Older Man” Wayne Diamond Establishes a New Legacy