Larose Paris’s Isaac Larose and Post Imperial’s Niyi Okuboyejo first met in Paris two years ago. The two quickly became friends, often traveling together during fashion month. Now, the New York-based Nigerian menswear label and the Parisian milliner are launching their first capsule collection together. “We’re from different cultures,” Larose explains. “We’ve got a different taste and aesthetic, but we have that understanding of both of these worlds. We ‘get’ each other.”
Each item in the collection—from printed caps to fedoras and panamas with printed ribbons—incorporates cotton treated in “Adire,” a traditional Nigerian hand-dying method. “The idea was to combine the fabric expertise and colorful spirit of Post Imperial with our French savoir-faire,” Larose continues. “Each hat is unique due to variations in the adire process.”
POST IMPERIAL X LAROSE PARIS’S CAPSULE COLLECTION IS NOW AVAILABLE ONLINE AT LAROSE PARIS AND IN STORE AT UNITED ARROWS, MOHAWK GENERAL STORE, AND JOYCE.
- A Truly Bonkers Conversation Between Lisa Kudrow and Lily Tomlin
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- Uncut Gems’s “Handsome Older Man” Wayne Diamond Establishes a New Legacy
- Marc Jacobs Thinks Men Should Wear Makeup
- “Well, This Is Awkward”: Christine and the Queens and Troye Sivan Make Post-Pandemic Plans