Larose Paris’s Isaac Larose and Post Imperial’s Niyi Okuboyejo first met in Paris two years ago. The two quickly became friends, often traveling together during fashion month. Now, the New York-based Nigerian menswear label and the Parisian milliner are launching their first capsule collection together. “We’re from different cultures,” Larose explains. “We’ve got a different taste and aesthetic, but we have that understanding of both of these worlds. We ‘get’ each other.”
Each item in the collection—from printed caps to fedoras and panamas with printed ribbons—incorporates cotton treated in “Adire,” a traditional Nigerian hand-dying method. “The idea was to combine the fabric expertise and colorful spirit of Post Imperial with our French savoir-faire,” Larose continues. “Each hat is unique due to variations in the adire process.”
POST IMPERIAL X LAROSE PARIS’S CAPSULE COLLECTION IS NOW AVAILABLE ONLINE AT LAROSE PARIS AND IN STORE AT UNITED ARROWS, MOHAWK GENERAL STORE, AND JOYCE.
- “Cock!”: Nicolas Cage and Marilyn Manson in Conversation
- Nathan Fielder and Louis Theroux Teach a Masterclass on the Art of Awkward
- Rick Owens and Miley Cyrus on Rock Stars, Recklessness, and Life on the Road
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- A no-nonsense conversation between Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Kerry Washington