Larose Paris’s Isaac Larose and Post Imperial’s Niyi Okuboyejo first met in Paris two years ago. The two quickly became friends, often traveling together during fashion month. Now, the New York-based Nigerian menswear label and the Parisian milliner are launching their first capsule collection together. “We’re from different cultures,” Larose explains. “We’ve got a different taste and aesthetic, but we have that understanding of both of these worlds. We ‘get’ each other.”
Each item in the collection—from printed caps to fedoras and panamas with printed ribbons—incorporates cotton treated in “Adire,” a traditional Nigerian hand-dying method. “The idea was to combine the fabric expertise and colorful spirit of Post Imperial with our French savoir-faire,” Larose continues. “Each hat is unique due to variations in the adire process.”
POST IMPERIAL X LAROSE PARIS’S CAPSULE COLLECTION IS NOW AVAILABLE ONLINE AT LAROSE PARIS AND IN STORE AT UNITED ARROWS, MOHAWK GENERAL STORE, AND JOYCE.
- Yung Lean and FKA Twigs Play a Game of Would You Rather
- Alison Brie and Dave Franco Can Still Surprise Each Other
- Ask a Sane Person: Jia Tolentino on Practicing the Discipline of Hope
- Cate Blanchett and Fayssal Bazzi on the Timely Resonance of “Stateless”
- Adult Film Star Sean Ford Wants to Make Intimacy Sexy Again