Consumption: Peter Philips
Published September 6, 2011
Belgian cosmetics savant Peter Philips owes a lot to Walt Disney. In the late ’90s, the makeup artist’s career got an enormous jolt after he drew a perfectly scaled Mickey Mouse face onto a model’s mug at a Raf Simons show. Today, Philips has moved far beyond the House of Mouse: He became the creative director of Chanel Makeup in 2008. Before the kickoff of Fall Fashion Week 2011, we caught up with the tastemaker to learn more about 10 things he can’t live without.
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- “Well, This Is Awkward”: Christine and the Queens and Troye Sivan Make Post-Pandemic Plans
- Helmut Newton’s Escape Room
- Uncut Gems’s “Handsome Older Man” Wayne Diamond Establishes a New Legacy
- Gunna and Young Thug Share Rules to Live By: Smoke After Sex, Keep Your Kitchen Lit