Consumption: Peter Philips
Published September 6, 2011
Belgian cosmetics savant Peter Philips owes a lot to Walt Disney. In the late ’90s, the makeup artist’s career got an enormous jolt after he drew a perfectly scaled Mickey Mouse face onto a model’s mug at a Raf Simons show. Today, Philips has moved far beyond the House of Mouse: He became the creative director of Chanel Makeup in 2008. Before the kickoff of Fall Fashion Week 2011, we caught up with the tastemaker to learn more about 10 things he can’t live without.
- “Cock!”: Nicolas Cage and Marilyn Manson in Conversation
- Rick Owens and Miley Cyrus on Rock Stars, Recklessness, and Life on the Road
- Nathan Fielder and Louis Theroux Teach a Masterclass on the Art of Awkward
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- Sway House Demands Your Attention, for Better or Worse