Adam Kimmel Trades for a Condo
Published January 18, 2010
Adam Kimmel’s collaborations with artists are scary-good. After last season’s rodeo film by Meredith Danluck featuring Rocky McDonald, Kimmel has entered the world of George Condo for his Casino collection inspired by the American artist’s passion for gambling. The craps and baccarat tables were crowded at the Marais gallery where Condo clown-headed men: the Barber, Crucified Thief, Super Dude and Hippie Farm and their friends played for high stakes dressed in Kimmel’s idea of Condoesque casino attire: green velvet smoking jackets, evening slippers, cashmere V-necks, bomber jackets and capes with roulette prints and tuck pleat shirts with bow ties. “Of all the artists that I’ve been fortunate enough to meet, George Condo has always struck me as the most badass, stylish mother of them all,” writes Kimmel. Gabe Bartalos, the Hollywood prosthetics artist who collaborates with Matthew Barney, sculpted the Condo heads that will be exhibited and sold after the show.
- Gunna and Young Thug Share Rules to Live By: Smoke After Sex, Keep Your Kitchen Lit
- Lisa Rinna Welcomes Denise Richards to ‘Real Housewives’ With Her Best Tips for Surviving a Season
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- Marc Jacobs Thinks Men Should Wear Makeup
- Uncut Gems’s “Handsome Older Man” Wayne Diamond Establishes a New Legacy