Adam Kimmel Trades for a Condo
Published January 18, 2010
Adam Kimmel’s collaborations with artists are scary-good. After last season’s rodeo film by Meredith Danluck featuring Rocky McDonald, Kimmel has entered the world of George Condo for his Casino collection inspired by the American artist’s passion for gambling. The craps and baccarat tables were crowded at the Marais gallery where Condo clown-headed men: the Barber, Crucified Thief, Super Dude and Hippie Farm and their friends played for high stakes dressed in Kimmel’s idea of Condoesque casino attire: green velvet smoking jackets, evening slippers, cashmere V-necks, bomber jackets and capes with roulette prints and tuck pleat shirts with bow ties. “Of all the artists that I’ve been fortunate enough to meet, George Condo has always struck me as the most badass, stylish mother of them all,” writes Kimmel. Gabe Bartalos, the Hollywood prosthetics artist who collaborates with Matthew Barney, sculpted the Condo heads that will be exhibited and sold after the show.
- A Conversation Between Senator Anne Ranch and Demi Lovato (and Danny DeVito)
- Sway House Demands Your Attention, for Better or Worse
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- “Cock!”: Nicolas Cage and Marilyn Manson in Conversation
- Nathan Fielder and Louis Theroux Teach a Masterclass on the Art of Awkward