Welcome Back: Paco Rabanne
Published October 5, 2010
Parisian designer Paco Rabanne is resurrecting his iconic 1960s fashion line (shuttered in 2006) with the revival of his coveted 1969 chain-mail bag. Introducing a range of new materials—think: glittering leather, suede, horn, and stingray—Bardot’s favorite bag is out to re-establish the brand’s experimentalism. The mod heavyweight-Rabanne was behind even the 1968 Barbarella costumes—is working with Commes des Garcons’ Rei Kawakubo on the new interpretations, which will sell exclusively in nine Commes des Garcons locales. These, and the main Rabanne line, will be available at London’s Dover Street Market for one month in January, before trickling into select shops. Considering Rabanne’s choice material on the original handbag handles, lavatory chain links, surprise awaits.
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- A no-nonsense conversation between Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Kerry Washington
- “Cock!”: Nicolas Cage and Marilyn Manson in Conversation
- “It’s Going to Be Mad”: Anya Taylor-Joy Gets Back to Work
- Sway House Demands Your Attention, for Better or Worse