Sex and Another City
Published June 2, 2010
Berlin, a city known for being high on style but low on funds, seems like a strange place to find the opulent Sex in the City II‘s signature item. But those gold mirrored aviator shades flashing from Sarah Jessica Parker’s face on every visible ad surface come from Berlin, where the Mykita brand is a homegrown favorite, despite the grey German weather. Founded in 2003 in a daycare center, called a “kita” in East German slang, the label creates uniquely lightweight and flexible frames from single sheets of metal which mold to wearers’ features. Recent collaborations with Mario Schwab have produced rose colored Lennon glasses, a Flock of Seagulls-inspired line by Herr von Eden, and the brilliant navy, emerald and ruby snow-boarder shades by Bernard Wilhelm, whose gold varieties Carrie considers essential city-wear.
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- A no-nonsense conversation between Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Kerry Washington
- “The Spectacle Can Never Be Trauma”: Nia DaCosta and Taika Waititi on Exorcism Through Art
- “Cock!”: Nicolas Cage and Marilyn Manson in Conversation
- “It’s Going to Be Mad”: Anya Taylor-Joy Gets Back to Work