Mother of Pearl’s Spring/Summer 2016 collection stayed true to its pre-war inspiration from start to finish, complete with pinafores and straw boater hats. The girlish pale pink hues, ruffled collars, and mid-calf hemlines never felt conservative, though. Instead, they played off the distinctively postmodern footwear and the unkempt, slightly tousled ponytails and crimping for a collection that was somehow wearable and not quite tied to any era.
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- “It’s Going to Be Mad”: Anya Taylor-Joy Gets Back to Work
- The Provocative, Uninhibited, and Naked Bodies of Spyros Rennt
- Sway House Demands Your Attention, for Better or Worse
- “Cock!”: Nicolas Cage and Marilyn Manson in Conversation