A floral-printed mini-dress is hardly a novel idea for summer, but this Isabel Marant version has all the right details: cuffed sleeves that make all arms look a little bit slimmer; a shirt-collar to peek out from under cardigans, blazers, or leather jackets; a loose fit for comfort; and a tie in front to add a bit of sex appeal. We love the way Marant presented the dress on the runway, layered with navel-length gold necklaces, which disappeared under the tie and reappeared over that small triangle of exposed skin. Priced at $740 and available at Net-a-Porter.
THIS MOST WANTED ITEM WAS SELECTED BY INTERVIEW ASSOCIATE ONLINE EDITOR EMMA T. BROWN.
Most Wanted runs every Tuesday. For more, click here.
- Tracee Ellis Ross and Tyler, the Creator on Falling and Getting Back Up
- Ask a Sane Person: Daniel Mendelsohn on “The New 1930s” and Schitt’s Creek
- Ask a Sane Person: Salman Rushdie Wants America to Take Out the Trash in November
- Mark Ruffalo and Philip Ettinger on Playing Four Versions of the Same Two Characters in I Know This Much Is True
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun