It doesn’t come as a surprise that the creative director of Chloé, Clare Wright Keller, used to be a menswear designer; the nuanced interplay between masculine and feminine is strongly felt in her collections. Drawing on this knowledge, it’s safe to say that the Chloé woman is more than “cute;” she gravitates towards pieces that strike a balance between girlish and sophisticated, delicate and tough. Take this navy taffeta-trimmed crepe top as an example: the flattering cut appears quite structured, but the black satin bow and white taffeta underlay add a certain softness to the piece. The look is elegant, but not stuffy—the kind of piece that can take you through a grinding day at work and still feel appropriate when you step out for a drink afterwards. Priced at $2,995 available from Net-a-Porter.
Most Wanted runs every Tuesday. For more, click here.
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Our Once and Future President, Answers 21 Questions from Her Famous Friends
- Lil Tracy and Ishmael Butler Have a Father and Son Heart-to-Heart
- The One Where Jennifer Aniston Gets Grilled by Sandra Bullock
- Ed Templeton and William Strobeck On Skateboarding and Sweaters
- Talk Hole: Zooming Through the Quarantine with Jeremy O. Harris