In the Mail: A Slow and Steady Holiday Season
Published November 16, 2009
What did we get today when we opened our mail today? One envelope marked Slow and Steady Wins the Race yielded a Russian doll of envelopes. When we finally got to the invitation card, it announced “P R E S E N T S,” a holiday pop-up boutique emphasizing holiday gift-giving, and creative display. These days, everyone’s curating something, so it might be a little over-the-top to apply it to holiday stockings. But Slow and Steady designer Mary Ping’s curated selection of objects by Tauba Auerbach, Mika Tajima, and filmmaker Matt Wolf is as elevated as it goes.
P R E S E N T S is on view December 1–24. Brachfeld Paris is located at 78 rue des Archives, Paris.
- Tracee Ellis Ross and Tyler, the Creator on Falling and Getting Back Up
- Ask a Sane Person: Daniel Mendelsohn on “The New 1930s” and Schitt’s Creek
- Ask a Sane Person: Salman Rushdie Wants America to Take Out the Trash in November
- Mark Ruffalo and Philip Ettinger on Playing Four Versions of the Same Two Characters in I Know This Much Is True
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun