Marni’s Re-Doing Jeans’ Genes
Published July 11, 2011
When Marni says they’re doing denim, they don’t just mean jeans. Marni Denim, a new line launching this fall for both sexes, posits the indigo fabric as a lifestyle—and not just some American West fantasy. Available in two silhouettes, skinny and regular, Marni’s is a unique twist on materials and volume: its denim wearer is playful and quirky, and wouldn’t look out of place in a ’90s Richard Linklater film. The collection offers two different denim washes, but also plays with wool and mélange felt in a check pattern, corduroy, and polka-dot prints. Our favorite is look 4, above, with a green twilted tote, tread-like polka-dot rolled jeans, and a cartoon-print draped shirt that evokes a paisley print gone Far East.
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- “It’s Going to Be Mad”: Anya Taylor-Joy Gets Back to Work
- “The Spectacle Can Never Be Trauma”: Nia DaCosta and Taika Waititi on Exorcism Through Art
- “Cock!”: Nicolas Cage and Marilyn Manson in Conversation
- Sway House Demands Your Attention, for Better or Worse