Marni’s Re-Doing Jeans’ Genes
Published July 11, 2011
When Marni says they’re doing denim, they don’t just mean jeans. Marni Denim, a new line launching this fall for both sexes, posits the indigo fabric as a lifestyle—and not just some American West fantasy. Available in two silhouettes, skinny and regular, Marni’s is a unique twist on materials and volume: its denim wearer is playful and quirky, and wouldn’t look out of place in a ’90s Richard Linklater film. The collection offers two different denim washes, but also plays with wool and mélange felt in a check pattern, corduroy, and polka-dot prints. Our favorite is look 4, above, with a green twilted tote, tread-like polka-dot rolled jeans, and a cartoon-print draped shirt that evokes a paisley print gone Far East.
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- This Was Not the Publication Year Brandon Taylor Expected
- Tracee Ellis Ross and Tyler, the Creator on Falling and Getting Back Up
- Ask a Sane Person: Salman Rushdie Wants America to Take Out the Trash in November
- Adult Film Star Sean Ford Wants to Make Intimacy Sexy Again