It’s New York Fashion Week and seasoned Interview photographers Shawn Brackbill, Christopher Gabello, Kate Owen, and Frank Sun are backstage and front row at our favorite shows. Check in daily and follow Shawn, Chris, Kate, and Frank on Interview’s Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for the latest updates.
Luella Bartley and Katie Hillier’s sophomore outing for Marc by Marc Jacobs (now rechristened as the shorthand MBMJ) kept going with the girl-gang theme they offered for last fall. Bartley and Hillier are both London girls, and have brought a welcome dose of the city’s punky wit and insouciance to the brand. For Spring 2015, the clothes riffed on a more utilitarian raver-girl idiom, featuring Latex polka dotted skirts and twisted bandeau tops over button-ups and cropped t-shirts; candy-colored slip-dresses; industrial-feeling jumpsuits and pinafores; and sculptural, patchwork asymmetrical dresses that combined printed, pleated fabric, graphic t-shirts, and stiff crinoline. The shoes, sophisticated takes on shit-kicking, lug-soled galoshes or chunky platform Mary Janes, kept the feeling spunky, and a little anarchic.
For more from New York Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2015, click here.
- “I Was Born for This Time”: Angelica Ross Is Black, Trans, and Fearless
- Jessie Ware Tells Róisín Murphy About Her New Album: “I Want People to Want to Have Sex”
- Thirstory: Diana Ross Is the Boss
- “Everything Changed the Day The Chicks Interviewed Haim”
- Adult Film Star Sean Ford Wants to Make Intimacy Sexy Again