New York’s MADE and Italian beer brand Peroni have partnered for their second Young Designer Awards. Tonight, the competition will announce a winner out of the crop of five talented semi-finalists, and the lucky winner will be given $40,000 to spend on the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to launch his or her own collection at next February’s New York Fashion Week. The panel of judges include model and style icon Coco Rocha, fashion designer Antonio Berardi, MADE co-founder Jenné Lombardo, last year’s MADE for Peroni Young Designer Award winner Nolan Bellavance, and Zanna Roberts Rassi. Click through the slideshow above to get to know the young designers in the running, who have exclusively shared with us some thoughts about their Italian-inspired looks in competition.
THE SECOND ANNUAL MADE FOR PERONI YOUNG DESIGNER AWARDS WILL TAKE PLACE TONIGHT, SEPTEMBER 10.
- This Was Not the Publication Year Brandon Taylor Expected
- Tracee Ellis Ross and Tyler, the Creator on Falling and Getting Back Up
- Ask a Sane Person: Daniel Mendelsohn on “The New 1930s” and Schitt’s Creek
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- Ask a Sane Person: Salman Rushdie Wants America to Take Out the Trash in November