What goes on behind closed doors at Louis Vuitton? To find out, we headed to the LV headquarters overlooking the Seine in Paris for an intimate peak at the Fall 2013 collection’s pajama coats, satin lace “French knickers,” sequined fluffy sweaters, and the new feather and furball bags. Marc Jacobs’ Paris team laid out the collection like well-intentioned valets on vintage trunks from the house’s vast archive. Pajama suit jackets in flowered, boudoir-pattern wools rubbed shoulders on the rack with babydoll “French knickers” shorts and astrakhan fur coats.
Jacobs’ collection is filled with couture touches, which bring a bit of nighttime drama to staples: individually attached ostrich plumes edging the sleeves and hems of tweed coats; transparent lace dresses (Kate Moss wore one at last week’s show); erased silk prints; mottled, textured coats made from thin patchwork strips of fur; chunky, dusty-tone, croc ankle-strap sandals; sweaters dripping with degradé sequins; curled feather bags; and one great shoulder strap with an alternative chain that looks ready for a mystery date.
- Gunna and Young Thug Share Rules to Live By: Smoke After Sex, Keep Your Kitchen Lit
- Lisa Rinna Welcomes Denise Richards to ‘Real Housewives’ With Her Best Tips for Surviving a Season
- Larry Kramer Is Still the Angriest Gay Man in the World
- Uncut Gems’s “Handsome Older Man” Wayne Diamond Establishes a New Legacy
- Marc Jacobs Thinks Men Should Wear Makeup