Jewelry designer Kara Ross and artist Donald Robertson have collaborated on a limited edition collection of painted tote bags. The two met on Instagram, where Robertson is known as DonaldDrawbertson, and Ross immediately knew they were “kindred spirits.”
Like his art, which Robertson predominantly showcases online, the handbags are inspired by Pop Art muses, such as Jackie O. Each tote is made from a variety of materials, from python skin to wax-coated canvas. With their hand-painted details (Robertson painted and signed each tote himself) and grocery bag-inspired shape, the bags represent Kara and Donald’s obsession “with the art of mixing high and low.” With prices ranging from $300 to $3,000, there is a piece of wearable art for everyone.
FOR MORE ON KARA ROSS AND DONALD ROBERTSON’S COLLABORATION, VISIT THE KARA ROSS WEBSITE.
- Ask a Sane Person: Jia Tolentino on Practicing the Discipline of Hope
- Phoebe Bridgers and Brandon Flowers on Transformation and Talking Shit
- Donna Missal and Shania Twain on Creative Freedom and Owning Their Sexuality
- Adult Film Star Sean Ford Wants to Make Intimacy Sexy Again
- Ask a Sane Person: Jack Halberstam Isn’t Here to Comfort You