Fit for a Brawl
Published December 3, 2008
Jil Sander has paired up with Damiani for a line of limited-edition jewelry, and it sends mixed signals. My first impression of the asymmetrical diamond earrings was that they look like “barbell piercing meets trust fund kid.” But the good news for those of us watching our wallets: you only need one to make a statement!
Frankly, the thought of wearing my hair down with one of these in my ear scares me, and even worse: What if I were on a date? Would they scare someone special from wanting to get to close? But for the most part I love the clean lines, and of course the diamonds along with “sophisticated tough chic” vibe of the earrings, so I might scare a few suitors away … I like playing hard to get.
Jil Sander’s collaboration with Damiani launches today.
- “Cock!”: Nicolas Cage and Marilyn Manson in Conversation
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- A Conversation Between Senator Anne Ranch and Demi Lovato (and Danny DeVito)
- Kali Uchis and Steve Lacy on Lighting Up and Letting Go
- Nathan Fielder and Louis Theroux Teach a Masterclass on the Art of Awkward