Jen Kao’s Hair Came From Where?
Published February 12, 2010
Jen Kao‘s Fall 2010 show was a kind of future-home story that case knitwear like a body stocking, with space-age cut-outs and gothic webworking around the neckline. But what caught our attention was the hair—severe, sometimes partially bleached ponytails and mushroom cuts. It’s a look that plays down sex appeal—a little bit of Jamie Curtis, some Julianne Moore at her funniest and not bedazzled moaning in some period film, and a whole lot of vintage Spock. And while none of the models were smiling so we couldn’t check their teeth… Jim Carrey’s due for a comeback.
- “Cock!”: Nicolas Cage and Marilyn Manson in Conversation
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- A Conversation Between Senator Anne Ranch and Demi Lovato (and Danny DeVito)
- Kali Uchis and Steve Lacy on Lighting Up and Letting Go
- Nathan Fielder and Louis Theroux Teach a Masterclass on the Art of Awkward