It’s New York Fashion Week and Interview‘s seasoned gang of photographers are backstage and front row at our favorite shows. Check in daily and follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram for the latest updates.
Gilles Mendel’s Fall/Winter 2015 collection was Anna Karenina presented through a lens of slinky, ’70s disco glam. Fur and brocade vests were layered over patterned peasant dresses, skinny neck scarves were paired with dresses with plunging necklines and thigh-baring slits, and fringed scarves were worn as belts or sewn into halter dresses. For his closing looks, Mendel presented a series of Studio 54-ready gowns—the sort that Bianca Jagger (or Mendel’s muse for the collection, Anjelica Huston) would be proud to wear.
For more from NYFW Fall/Winter 2015, click here.
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- This Was Not the Publication Year Brandon Taylor Expected
- Tracee Ellis Ross and Tyler, the Creator on Falling and Getting Back Up
- Ask a Sane Person: Salman Rushdie Wants America to Take Out the Trash in November
- Adult Film Star Sean Ford Wants to Make Intimacy Sexy Again