It’s New York Fashion Week and Interview‘s seasoned gang of photographers are backstage and front row at our favorite shows. Check in daily and follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram for the latest updates.
Gilles Mendel’s Fall/Winter 2015 collection was Anna Karenina presented through a lens of slinky, ’70s disco glam. Fur and brocade vests were layered over patterned peasant dresses, skinny neck scarves were paired with dresses with plunging necklines and thigh-baring slits, and fringed scarves were worn as belts or sewn into halter dresses. For his closing looks, Mendel presented a series of Studio 54-ready gowns—the sort that Bianca Jagger (or Mendel’s muse for the collection, Anjelica Huston) would be proud to wear.
For more from NYFW Fall/Winter 2015, click here.
- “It’s Embarrassing. We Know.”: How Cazzie David and Lorde Forged a Friendship on the Internet
- Comedian Eric Andre Tells Us Why We Need to “Pop the Zit” of Police Brutality
- Sway House Demands Your Attention, for Better or Worse
- How Anna Nicole Smith Ended Up Marrying an 89-year-old
- Miles Aldridge Shares the Memories Behind Some of His Iconic Photos