INTER-Picks: Camera Cases
Published June 21, 2010
Whether you’re chronicling a vacation or shooting the local streets, a SLR camera case tends to scream tourist. Rather than walk around with the traditional bulky nylon case, I cover my camera in an old dust bag and toss it into a messenger bag–certainly not the most responsible system.
Fortunately for shutterbugs, an expanding niche market for camera gear now provides chic alternatives to the nylon case. From left to right: Louis Vuitton’s Damier Graphite camera bag is an effortless fusion of classic aesthetic and modern needs (£1,460.00 at Louis Vuitton). Photographer Kelly Moore’s website sells men and women’s compartmentalized bags in the same vein in a variety of shapes in colors, each with room for phones and passports ($199 at Kelly Moore). Meanwhile, Billingham’s Classic 550 restructures the classic men’s messenger into a fully functional camera case ( £391.30 at Billingham). I’ll take one of each, camera or no!
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- Sway House Demands Your Attention, for Better or Worse
- “Cock!”: Nicolas Cage and Marilyn Manson in Conversation
- “It’s Going to Be Mad”: Anya Taylor-Joy Gets Back to Work
- Nathan Fielder and Louis Theroux Teach a Masterclass on the Art of Awkward