ABOVE: IMOGEN POOTS IN MARNI FOR H&M
We do enjoy writing about H&M’s fashion initiatives; they seem to always have something in the works, be it David Beckham’s underwear, a new haute-fashion collaboration or, apparently, a “high-end line.” H&M may be branching out from budget fashion with a new label headed by designer Behnaz Aram. H&M has yet to confirm the rumors.
H&M is not the first high-street store to dabble in high fashion—Top Shop also has its more expensive “Unique” label, which shows at London Fashion week—but we’re little unsure of what to expect. H&M’s raison d’être, after all, is low-priced on trend pieces; fashion fixes for the short term. Then again, we wouldn’t mind a year-round Marni for H&M without the ruthless six-am queues.
- Thirstory: Lil’ Kim’s Louis Vuitton-Stamped Legacy
- Ask a Sane Person: Jia Tolentino on Practicing the Discipline of Hope
- How Anna Nicole Smith Ended Up Marrying an 89-year-old
- Gugu Mbatha-Raw and Mackenzie Davis Reunite for This New Episode of Black Mirror We’re All In
- Alison Brie and Dave Franco Can Still Surprise Each Other