Greg Lauren Pops Up in Soho
Published September 28, 2009
Thursday night saw the opening of Alteration, artist Greg Lauren’s (nephew of Ralph) latest Soho pop-up exhibit and shop. Lauren, whose work has been influenced by a childhood interest in superheroes, tapped into the family business this time around. With a clever mind and carefully selected material–not to mention the family touch–he taught himself to sew. The results–earth tone and metallic ties tailored blazers, workout-inspired pants–were on display alongside a makeshift mood board. Also on hand were cousin and candy bar queen Dylan, Gerard Butler, and Parker Posey (with her pup). Greg’s work will continue to fill racks-and closets as these are for purchase-through October at 28 Wooster Street.
- “Cock!”: Nicolas Cage and Marilyn Manson in Conversation
- Nathan Fielder and Louis Theroux Teach a Masterclass on the Art of Awkward
- Rick Owens and Miley Cyrus on Rock Stars, Recklessness, and Life on the Road
- A no-nonsense conversation between Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Kerry Washington
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress