For their Spring 2015 campaign video, which premiered today, Proenza Schouler’s Jack McCollough and Lazaro Hernandez found their inspiration close to home, tapping friends of the brand like Liv Tyler, Chloë Sevigny, Liya Kebede, Binx Walton, Olympia Scarry, and India Menuez, to star. The short, directed by Harley Weir and titled “Legs Are Not Doors,” takes a cue from the revealing documentary series Taxicab Confessions and Real Sex.
Edited into a surreal, stream-of-consciousness style narrative juxtaposed with colorful tableaux of the details of the spring collection, the women eat, smile, share secrets, tell stories, and muse on a variety of topics. Sample dialogue includes: “I was quite a tomboy;” “I’ve always loved being a woman;” “Everything’s wet.” According to McCollough and Hernandez, “These are women who have kept us inspired over the years, each of them with unique qualities: a strength of character, an imperfect yet intoxicating beauty, a spirit of confidence, and most importantly, a kind of creative generosity that has made working together a truly memorable experience.” Sounds like the Proenza Schouler girl to a T.
- Tracee Ellis Ross and Tyler, the Creator on Falling and Getting Back Up
- Ask a Sane Person: Salman Rushdie Wants America to Take Out the Trash in November
- Meet Roberto Lugo, the Potter Making Ceramics of Biggie and Basquiat
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- Mark Ruffalo and Philip Ettinger on Playing Four Versions of the Same Two Characters in I Know This Much Is True