Valentino’s Pre-fall 2014 Collection was, to say the least, extensive, with 78 looks inspired by the natural world. The above look, for example, echoed the butterfly motif seen throughout the collection, albeit in a slightly different way: the blanket-like coat was decorate with a bird’s-eye (or butterfly’s-eye) view of a landscape. This, paired with a neutral navy vest dress, created a well-formed juxtaposition of comfort and polish. Practical and cool, it’s a perfect look for February NYFW.
THIS FIRST DIBS ITEM WAS SELECTED BY INTERVIEW FASHION ASSISTANT HOLLIE VAN OSENBRUGGEN.
First Dibs runs every Friday. For more, click here.
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Our Once and Future President, Answers 21 Questions from Her Famous Friends
- Lil Tracy and Ishmael Butler Have a Father and Son Heart-to-Heart
- The One Where Jennifer Aniston Gets Grilled by Sandra Bullock
- Ed Templeton and William Strobeck On Skateboarding and Sweaters
- Talk Hole: Zooming Through the Quarantine with Jeremy O. Harris