Valentino’s Pre-fall 2014 Collection was, to say the least, extensive, with 78 looks inspired by the natural world. The above look, for example, echoed the butterfly motif seen throughout the collection, albeit in a slightly different way: the blanket-like coat was decorate with a bird’s-eye (or butterfly’s-eye) view of a landscape. This, paired with a neutral navy vest dress, created a well-formed juxtaposition of comfort and polish. Practical and cool, it’s a perfect look for February NYFW.
THIS FIRST DIBS ITEM WAS SELECTED BY INTERVIEW FASHION ASSISTANT HOLLIE VAN OSENBRUGGEN.
First Dibs runs every Friday. For more, click here.
- Ask a Sane Person: Jia Tolentino on Practicing the Discipline of Hope
- Phoebe Bridgers and Brandon Flowers on Transformation and Talking Shit
- Donna Missal and Shania Twain on Creative Freedom and Owning Their Sexuality
- Talk Hole: The Karen Kolumn
- Thirstory: That Time Madonna Was Almost Arrested for Simulating Masturbation