Looking more put-together at the office is a permanent New Year’s resolution. This year, however, we’re using a sneaky shortcut otherwise known as Public School’s womenswear line. Consider the above look from the label’s Pre-Fall collection: a black sweatshirt paired with a black leather mini and a simple white collared shirt look. It’s understated and austere, but not boring—a sideways triangle of textured leather covers the right shoulder; a diagonal stripe of neoprene breaks up the skirt. Simple black zip-front boots give it an air of independence that is at once throwback ’90s and ultra-modern.
First Dibs runs every Friday. For more, click here.
- Clea DuVall and Natasha Lyonne Discuss the Subtle Rebellion of Happiest Season
- “No Regrets”: Glenn Close and Whoopi Goldberg Discuss Their Singular Careers
- Sway House Demands Your Attention, for Better or Worse
- How Anna Nicole Smith Ended Up Marrying an 89-year-old
- “It’s Embarrassing. We Know.”: How Cazzie David and Lorde Forged a Friendship on the Internet