Margiela was new to Couture Week this season, and we were anxious to see what their first collection would entail.We fell in love at first look. Off-white, slightly oversized, peplumed, sleeveless: it’s classically daytime and still thoroughly of-the-moment. The mask is optional, but come night, it would make its wearer the center of attention—and mystery—at any party (though we might stay in just to admire it ourselves). Reconstructed from an old 1905 tailcoat and a crystal doorknob, this outfit is literally one-of-a-kind. So let’s not mince our words: we don’t call first dibs, we call dibs!
This First Dibs look was chosen by Interview fashion assistant Charlotte Fetridge.
For more First Dibs, click here.
- Red Velvet Takes Diplo Inside the Life of a K-Pop Supergroup
- “No Regrets”: Glenn Close and Whoopi Goldberg Discuss Their Singular Careers
- Clea DuVall and Natasha Lyonne Discuss the Subtle Rebellion of Happiest Season
- How Anna Nicole Smith Ended Up Marrying an 89-year-old
- Hillbilly Elegy Is an Accidental Camp Masterpiece