New York’s a playground, indeed: The Lake and Stars take us back to the blacktop with these dope-as-! Nike high-tops, custom-designed for the lingerie brand. Designers Maayan Zilberman and Nikki Dekker know their audience. A black-on-black palette with white stitching and labeling gives the classic silhouette an urban sophistication, while a bright green sole provides that ’90s cartoon-pop-wink that cemented the Air Jordan’s cultural status in the first place. Metal hardwear toughens the shoe, but fear not, soft-hearted: the muscle is balanced by a goofy-plush tongue and rain-be-damned black suede trim.
This First Dibs item was selected by Interview market assistant Alexa Lanza.
- This Was Not the Publication Year Brandon Taylor Expected
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- Tracee Ellis Ross and Tyler, the Creator on Falling and Getting Back Up
- Ask a Sane Person: Salman Rushdie Wants America to Take Out the Trash in November
- Mark Ruffalo and Philip Ettinger on Playing Four Versions of the Same Two Characters in I Know This Much Is True