J.W. Anderson’s SS14 collection was, in his own words, “avant bland.” We’re not quite sure what that means, but we can certainly get behind a LBD that’s more origami than basic. This dress is both delicate and structural, with strong, almost rigid lines. The bold among us will rock this with the masculine flat sandals Anderson presented, but we think this dress would look just as great at a cocktail party with a classic, albeit less edgy, pair of black heels.
THIS FIRST DIBS WAS SELECTED BY INTERVIEW ASSISTANT ACCESSORIES EDITOR MELISSA KARL.
First Dibs runs every Friday. For more, click here.
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- “Well, This Is Awkward”: Christine and the Queens and Troye Sivan Make Post-Pandemic Plans
- Gunna and Young Thug Share Rules to Live By: Smoke After Sex, Keep Your Kitchen Lit
- Lisa Rinna Welcomes Denise Richards to ‘Real Housewives’ With Her Best Tips for Surviving a Season
- Marc Jacobs Thinks Men Should Wear Makeup