There’s a reason Topshop loves British designer J.W. Anderson; just take a look at the above mini-dress from his Fall/Winter 2013 collection. The richness of the dark blue velvet, mock turtleneck, and skin-tight skirt remind us of the original supers of the ’80s and early ’90s—sexy enough for a Robert Palmer video or Steven Meisel shoot. The exaggerated, decorative detailing gives it a more modern architectural edge and the white slip-on sneakers a casual cool. Time to tone our legs!
This First Dibs was selected by Interview fashion assistant Charlotte Fetridge.
First Dibs runs every Friday. For more, click here.
- Gunna and Young Thug Share Rules to Live By: Smoke After Sex, Keep Your Kitchen Lit
- Lisa Rinna Welcomes Denise Richards to ‘Real Housewives’ With Her Best Tips for Surviving a Season
- Larry Kramer Is Still the Angriest Gay Man in the World
- Uncut Gems’s “Handsome Older Man” Wayne Diamond Establishes a New Legacy
- Marc Jacobs Thinks Men Should Wear Makeup