It doesn’t take a fashion genius to figure out that Jean Paul Gaultier created the above look—just take a look at that visible leather bra. For his pre-fall 2014 collection, JPG channels… himself. The dark eye makeup, the see-through chiffon blouse, and the gender-bending oversize trousers all harken back to the original, dark-but-sexy edge that made the designer a household name. Even after decades in the industry, the Gaultier’s aesthetic feels fresh, futuristic, and ferocious. We call first dibs.
THIS FIRST DIBS ITEM WAS SELECTED BY INTERVIEW ASSISTANT MARKET EDITOR STEPHANIE STRAUSS.
First Dibs runs every Friday. For more, click here.
- “I Was Born for This Time”: Angelica Ross Is Black, Trans, and Fearless
- Jessie Ware Tells Róisín Murphy About Her New Album: “I Want People to Want to Have Sex”
- Thirstory: Diana Ross Is the Boss
- “Everything Changed the Day The Chicks Interviewed Haim”
- Adult Film Star Sean Ford Wants to Make Intimacy Sexy Again