Dresses worn over pants dominated the spring runways; polka dots did not. This number by Haider Ackermann is our favorite contender in both categories. While the dress-pant combo can often look clunky, here it looks downright seductive with a wide-open, higher-than-thigh-high slit (how else to show off that cropped, crushed leather?). Polka dots risk looking awkward or twee, but this speckled incarnation on satin makes the motif delicate, elegant and interesting. Punctuate it all with fetish footwear and angel hair straps that play nicely with the bulky, bondage-y leather belt around the chest, and our hands are tied: we call first dibs.
This First Dibs was selected by Interview assistant market editor Stephanie Strauss.
For more First Dibs, click here.
- Red Velvet Takes Diplo Inside the Life of a K-Pop Supergroup
- “No Regrets”: Glenn Close and Whoopi Goldberg Discuss Their Singular Careers
- Clea DuVall and Natasha Lyonne Discuss the Subtle Rebellion of Happiest Season
- Sway House Demands Your Attention, for Better or Worse
- Hillbilly Elegy Is an Accidental Camp Masterpiece