One of the standout elements of Frida Giannini’s excellent, early ’70s-infused, rock chic Spring 2015 collection for Gucci was the denim. Done in culottes and bandleader jackets, our favorite was the above look, a light wash, flared denim shirtdress with contrasting topstitching, oversized placket, and chunky white-laced details. We like the jetset way the look was presented on the runway—topped with a silk scarf, cinched at the waist, tawny croc bag—but paired under an army jacket or with flat sandals or classic loafers, it’s a perfect dress-and-go frock for when things warm up come spring.
THIS FIRST DIBS LOOK WAS SELECTED BY INTERVIEW ASSISTANT MARKET EDITOR BRYAN KLUGE.
First Dibs runs every Friday. For more, click here.
- “I Was Born for This Time”: Angelica Ross Is Black, Trans, and Fearless
- Adult Film Star Sean Ford Wants to Make Intimacy Sexy Again
- Glam is the Chinese restaurant rager where Timothée Chalamet and Cardi B hang out
- Jessie Ware Tells Róisín Murphy About Her New Album: “I Want People to Want to Have Sex”
- How Anna Nicole Smith Ended Up Marrying an 89-year-old