It’s been a while since Dior’s New Look was actually new, but this shrunken edit on the silhouette makes for one thoroughly modern mini. The mid-calf hemline has been switched out for mid-thigh, and the softer, smoothed-out contour of hips gives the mid-century cut some contemporary edge. The metallic makeup, cuff and heels don’t hurt either. We like to think it’s how 2013 looked from 1947—or maybe vice versa. Either way, we call first dibs.
This First Dibs was selected by Interview assistant market editor Stephanie Strauss.
For more First Dibs, click here.
- “No Regrets”: Glenn Close and Whoopi Goldberg Discuss Their Singular Careers
- Clea DuVall and Natasha Lyonne Discuss the Subtle Rebellion of Happiest Season
- Sway House Demands Your Attention, for Better or Worse
- How Anna Nicole Smith Ended Up Marrying an 89-year-old
- “It’s Embarrassing. We Know.”: How Cazzie David and Lorde Forged a Friendship on the Internet