On Wednesday, Raf Simons showed 66 Resort looks at the Brooklyn Naval Yard to celebrate 66 years of Dior in the US Market. American minimalism was mixed with Parisian precision; Simons decorated feminine silhouettes with laser-cuts and experimented—but not self-indulgently so—with prints. The above look, with its off-kilter layering of clashing shapes, was a particular favorite, addressing the restrictions of haute fashion while still pushing at the boundaries.
THIS FIRST DIBS ITEM WAS SELECTED BY INTERVIEW ASSISTANT MARKET EDITOR STEPHANIE STRAUSS.
First Dibs runs every Friday. For more, click here.
- Ask a Sane Person: Jia Tolentino on Practicing the Discipline of Hope
- Phoebe Bridgers and Brandon Flowers on Transformation and Talking Shit
- Donna Missal and Shania Twain on Creative Freedom and Owning Their Sexuality
- Adult Film Star Sean Ford Wants to Make Intimacy Sexy Again
- Thirstory: Getting Down and Dirty with Zac Efron