Chanel was all about texture this season; leather thigh-high boots and knee socks, chunky knits, and metallic-infused fabrics dominated the collection. The brand’s iconic tweed also made an appearance in bouncy high waist skirts and body-hugging pea coats. One of our favorite ensemble was the above Look 16: an impeccably structured double-breasted alligator jacket with billowy sleeves, complete with a matching flared miniskirt and paired with knee-high patent leather boots, a patent leather clutch, a statement diamond necklace, and sleek, straight hair. Balanced volume is the name of Lagerfeld’s game and surely makes for a sexy and confident girl about town this fall.
This First Dibs was selected by Interview assistant market editor Stephanie Strauss.
First Dibs runs every Friday. For more, click here.
- A Truly Bonkers Conversation Between Lisa Kudrow and Lily Tomlin
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- That Time Brad Pitt Was Banned from China
- “Well, This Is Awkward”: Christine and the Queens and Troye Sivan Make Post-Pandemic Plans
- Gunna and Young Thug Share Rules to Live By: Smoke After Sex, Keep Your Kitchen Lit