Céline takes on modern minimalism with Look 4 from the label’s latest Resort collection. Layering shades of white, from crisp snow to eggshell and textured cream, the effortless pairing of tunic, slightly flared trouser, and oversized clutch combine to form an ensemble that works as easily in the office as on holiday. The trick to Phoebe Philo’s slick take on monochrome is all in the details: the tunic (shedding all associations of caftan hippiness) turns utilitarian, with a finely cut sloped, sculptured raglan sleeve and smartly pressed collar, while the trousers, done in an understated brocade, are a subtle nod to ’70s grooviness, sans color. Topped it off with a roomy trapezoidal pouch in supple leather and we’re definitely in the mood for a full white-out.
This First Dibs item was selected by Interview assistant market editor Stephanie Strauss.
- Red Velvet Takes Diplo Inside the Life of a K-Pop Supergroup
- “No Regrets”: Glenn Close and Whoopi Goldberg Discuss Their Singular Careers
- Clea DuVall and Natasha Lyonne Discuss the Subtle Rebellion of Happiest Season
- How Anna Nicole Smith Ended Up Marrying an 89-year-old
- Hillbilly Elegy Is an Accidental Camp Masterpiece